Radio Warneford, the hospital broadcasting service based at Warwick Hospital and broadcasting to patients in Shipston-on-Stour, Stratford-upon-Avon and Warwick, will be hosting its biggest fund raising event of the year in Warwick’s Market Square this Saturday, 15th September.
The 2018 Grand Raffle Draw has some fantastic prizes up for grabs. The top prize is a set of two Standard Class tickets for use on Virgin Trains services while our second prize is a voucher for four to see this year’s festive pantomime, Dick Whittington, at the Royal Spa Centre.
The winner of our third prize will be able to take some friends for a round of golf for four at Leamington & County golf club while bookworms will relish our fourth prize, a £25 voucher donated by Kenilworth Books.
We have three bags of coffee on offer as our fifth prize from the Monsoon Estates Coffee Company in Stratford-upon-Avon with a family ticket to Packwood House, the National Trust property in Warwickshire, as our sixth prize. We also have a £10 voucher for Marks and Spencer to be won!
Tickets cost just 50p each – £2 for a book of four – and will be available to buy on the day from our stall in the Market Place. The winning tickets will be drawn at around 2.30pm on Saturday afternoon.
All the money raised at the Grand Draw in Warwick will go towards maintaining and improving the radio service offered by Radio Warneford to patients at Warwick Hospital, Ellen Badger Hospital in Shipston-on-Stour and Stratford Hospital.
Radio Warneford would like to thank Virgin Trains, Imagine Theatre, Leamington & County golf club, Kenilworth Books, Monsoon Estates Coffee Company and the National Trust for their generous prize donations for this year’s Draw.
Fancy doing something a little different with your spare time? We are on the lookout for new volunteers to join our broadcasting teams. Current members will be on hand to answer questions about what’s involved and anyone interested in joining us will be able to pick up an information pack and application form. So come along and find out more!
Radio Warneford Grand Draw 2018 – Prize List
- 1st Prize – Two Standard Class rail tickets for Virgin Trains*
- 2nd Prize – A Voucher for Four to see Dick Whittington at the Royal Spa Centre
- 3rd Prize – A Round of Golf for Four at the Leamington & County Golf Club
- 4th Prize – A £25 Voucher from Kenilworth Books
- 5th Prize – 3 boxes of coffee from the Monsoon Estates Coffee Company in Stratford-upon-Avon
- 6th Prize – Family ticket to Packwood House National Trust property in Warwickshire
- Plus more prizes…
* Please note that the rail tickets are only valid on Virgin Trains services.
Promoter: C. Ackroyd, Radio Warneford, Warwick Hospital, Lakin Road, Warwick
Registered with Warwick District Council
Reg No: 507582
What: The Radio Warneford Grand Draw 2018
Where: Warwick Market, Market Place, Warwick
When: Saturday 15 September (Draw takes place at 2.30pm)
Note To Editors
- Radio Warneford is the hospital broadcasting service based at Warwick Hospital in the heart of Warwickshire.
- Volunteer members have been providing quality radio entertainment to patients since 1973.
- Starting at the Warneford Hospital, Radio Warneford now broadcasts to patients at Stratford Hospital and Ellen Badger Hospital in Shipston-on-Stour as well as at Warwick Hospital.
- Radio Warneford is an independent charity (registered no 507582) and is not part of the National Health Service. The station requires financial support from local people and organisations in order to continue its service to patients.
- The Record Library contains around 30,000 tracks.
Issued by Andy Dowell, Communications Manager - 1 September 2018