For those of you who entered our 50th birthday competition – or those who are just interested – here are the answers to the first eight questions. If you entered the competition and are lucky enough to be one of our winners, then we’ll be in touch!
- How is 1973 written in Roman Numerals?
- Who was Prime Minister of Great Britain in 1973?
Sir Edward Heath
- Who was the President of the USA in 1973?
- What was Christmas No 1 in 1973?
Slade with Merry Christmas Everyone
- Who secured the record for the most Top 10 UK hits in 1973?
Donny Osmond – three as a soloist: The Twelfth of Never, Young Love and When I Fall in Love and three with The Osmonds: Crazy Horses, Going Home and Let Me In
- Who won Best Picture at the 1973 Oscars?
- Which momentous event occurred on 1st January 1973?
UK together with Republic of Ireland and Denmark joined the EEC (later the EU)
- What was the cost of a large loaf of bread in 1973?
- What is your favourite children’s TV programme ever and why?
- If you are lucky enough to win, which 3 favourite pieces of music would you like to play on your very own radio show?